The Blue Hill Inn has been welcoming guests for nearly two centuries. We have continually risen to the challenges of the day and persevered through them all, and this too will get better. Our focus has always been on our guests’ comfort, health and safety. As a small establishment, the inn is able to accommodate guests in a most hospitable, personalized manner. Innkeeper Duncan Hamilton and our Assistant Innkeepers personally oversee the standards to which rooms are cleaned, breakfast prepared, and days adventures planned. This attention to every detail allows you to be assured that you will be well taken care of at the Blue Hill Inn.
Blue Hill Peninsula is perfectly located for guests to practice social distancing while enjoying outdoor adventures, whether that’s climbing Blue Hill Mountain, swimming or boating in the pristine ocean, lakes, or streams, or exploring a land trust property up and down the coast.
As the nation grapples with the effects of a global pandemic, the Blue Hill Inn has updated some of its policies to better accommodate the health and safety of all our guests. When making a reservation, we encourage you to call us to that we may discuss your plans and any state-wide travel restrictions, reserve the best room for you, and explain our new cancellation policy. Being a small business that relies on visitors like you, we are grateful for your support and cooperation and appreciate your help keeping everyone healthy and safe.
Your health and safety are important to us and we continue to be as diligent as ever in our cleaning and sanitizing processes. In an effort to provide as much peace of mind as you plan for an upcoming trip to beautiful Blue Hill, we want you to be aware of additional precautionary steps staff are taking to reduce health risks at the inn:
- Our staff our monitored daily to ensure they remain healthy and are free of symptoms.
- We will be regularly disinfecting all surfaces apt to be touched throughout our common areas every few hours.
- Hand sanitizer is available for guests throughout our common areas and antibacterial soap is used in our bathrooms.
- Daily housekeeping service for stay-over rooms has been temporarily postponed to protect guests from unnecessary exposure. Guests in need of fresh towels, toiletries, paper goods, etc. can request them as needed for daily delivery to their room.
- Upon departure, guest rooms will be left vacant whenever possible for 24 hours or longer to allow additional deep cleaning measures.
- When possible, we will place guests in rooms as separated as possible from other occupied rooms.
- All linens are thoroughly sanitized through the laundry process.
- All staff have been instructed and trained in the CDC best practices for cleaning and sanitizing.
Deposit/cancellation: We will still request a deposit to guarantee your reservation equal to one night's room and tax or 50% of your stay. However we have temporarily relaxed our cancellation period from two weeks to 48 hours prior to arrival date, less $25 processing fee. The remaining charges for your stay will be taken the day of check in.
Check-in Procedures: Prior to your arrival, we will need to verify that you are feeling healthy and provide directions to your room so when you arrive you can head directly to your room and get settled in quickly. We will need to practice safe distancing whenever possible and will always be available for you and by phone as well if you prefer.
Breakfast Options: Our dining room will be open for breakfast beginning July 1 but we may need to arrange dining reservation times in advance so that we can seat everyone while maintaining safe distancing. In addition, we will be offering room service to enjoy your breakfast in the comfort of your room or perhaps in our beautiful garden area outside.
Minimum Night Stays: There are dates that we will require a two-night minimum stay this season.