The title I gave these tells it all!
- 2 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 tablespoons (3.5 oz.) butter, cubed and frozen
- 1/3 cup mild flavored honey
- 5 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- Freshly ground cinnamon
- Granulated sugar
In food processor combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine then add butter and pulse until consistency of coarse meal. In small bowl whisk together honey, milk and vanilla. Add to flour mixture and pulse until dough barely comes together. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and pat the dough into a rectangle 1 in. thick. Wrap in plastic and chill (freeze) until firm. Slice into 1/4 in. crackers, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake at 350 for 25 minutes until browned and slightly firm to the touch. Adapted from Nancy Silverton’s Pastries from the La Brea Bakery.